North Smithfield --
Monday October 3rd begins the Town of North Smithfield’s curbside yard waste pick up season. Yard waste is collected on the same day as your trash and recycling, but in a separate collection truck. This is done so we can reuse this material. All yard waste we collect is shredded and processed into compost.
Because of this, yard waste must be in brown biodegradable lawn bags or loose in cans that are clearly marked. Small bundles of branches under 3 feet in length and 2 inches in diameter are also allowed. But, plastic bags are not allowed. If plastic, trash, dirt, or stones are mixed in, it will contaminate the compost process.
We encourage our residents to take advantage of the pick-up weeks. Not only is it easier for you, it’s better for our town. Yard waste collected at your home gets transported directly to RIRRC compost area in Johnston. This is a great savings for our town. All yard waste brought to the highway garage needs to be moved, loaded and separately trucked to the landfill, costing additional transportation fees as well as time for our town workers.
Make your leaf raking and garden winterizing a little less tiresome. Have us pick up those lawn bags so you can spend more time enjoying this fall season. Our collection season will continue from Monday October 3 - Friday December 2, 2016.
For additional information contact 767-2200 x 345.
North Smithfield --
- 17 March 2018 Tony La Russa Keynotes at NRI Chamber's Welcome Pawsox Luncheon
- 17 March 2018 Stories from the Land of India at Woonsocket Library
- 17 March 2018 Bellingham Senior Center Newsletter
- 17 March 2018 This Week at the RI General Assembly
- 17 March 2018 North Smithfield Weekly Newsletter Posted
- 17 March 2018 Rep. Robert Phillips Introduces Legislation
- 17 March 2018 Francophonie Flag Raising
- 17 March 2018 Woonsocket Police Make Drug Bust in City
- 17 March 2018 Woonsocket City Council Posts Agenda for March 19th
- 17 March 2018 Lt. Gov. To Testify on Utility Rates