April 4, 2019
LET’S SWEEP! CITY REMINDS RESIDENTS TO SWEEP SIDEWALKS
STREET SWEEPING BEGINS MONDAY, APRIL 8
WOONSOCKET, R.I.: Spring has sprung and the City of Woonsocket is excitedly
ushering in the season with the launch of its Annual Street Sweeping Program on Monday, April 8, 2019 beginning in the North End. District sweeping is on a rotating basis.
As the City works to officially clear away winter and remnant traces of its harsh weather, city officials expect to collect 25 to 30 percent less waste compared to prior years. “We believe our approach to pre-treating streets with liquid brine and salt in advance of winter storms has truly placed us light years ahead as we head into spring cleanup of City streets,” said Mayor Lisa Baldelli-Hunt.
Department of Public Works Director Steven D’Agostino values the overall net gain of the City’s decision to switch to liquid brine. “The City purchased 465 tons of sand this winter season compared to 3,800 tons in 2013 – a significant difference that clearly shows a benefit of utilizing brine,” stated Director D’Agostino.
“Less sand to sweep from the streets during spring cleanup is environmentally beneficial due to less sand washing into storm drains and ultimately rivers and streams,” noted Mayor Baldelli-Hunt.
Residents whose property abuts a sidewalk are reminded to please sweep dirt and other particles into the street for City sweepers to clear away.
Street sweeping will begin in all other districts upon completion of the North End area.
- 18 June 2019 Lt Gov. McKee Lauds Rhode Islanders for Alzheimers Work
- 15 June 2019 North Smithfield Weekly Newsletter
- 15 June 2019 This Week at the RI General Assembly
- 14 June 2019 Woonsocket City Council Meets Monday
- 10 June 2019 Woonsocket School Committee Agenda for the 12th
- 09 June 2019 Council Renewable Energy Sub-committee Meets Monday the 10th........
- 09 June 2019 City Council Special Meeting June 10th......
- 09 June 2019 This Past Week at the RI General Assembly
- 09 June 2019 North Smithfield Weekly Newsletter
- 01 June 2019 Woonsocket City Council Agenda for June 3rd